Monday, May 20, 2013

Trapped in the middle

I made it to LA and am currently on the second and longest leg of my flight to Tokyo.   The total flight time is 11 hours and 35 minutes.  I have about 4.5 hours to go and haven't yet gotten up from my seat.  I spent the better part of the first half of the flight sleeping since according to my internal clock it was still early morning when we boarded.  I did manage to stay awake long enough to catch the first "meal", however.  While I wasn't particularly hungry, I took the turkey sandwich appreciatively knowing from my recent trip to Jordan, that you can never predict when you will get your next meal.  I'm glad that I did because we still haven't been served any other food.  (I did ask for a snack about an hour ago though and got a bag of pretzel mix.  The stewardess brought me a tray of things to choose from, but to my embarrassment, I thought the entire tray was for me.  Oops!  In my defense, it was dark and hard to see and the last time I asked for a snack on my way to Jordan, I did get a whole tray of food.  No such luck this time.)

 It's 3:28 am in Tokyo on Tuesday morning and as such, the cabin is dark and most people are sleeping--including the two guys on either side of me.  I don't want to disturb them but I hope one of them wakes up soon.  I'd love to stretch my legs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment